Sunday, July 25, 2010

cafe central

I met a friend at cafe central on Rossiter Street, Rapid Creek, for a late and leisurely breakfast after staying up to watch the individual time trial stage of the Tour de France last night.

The service is always prompt and friendly and the coffee is always good. My friend had scrambled eggs, tomato and mushrooms while I had the omelette with chorizo, roasted capsicum and spinach.

I've had the vegetarian big breakfast there before and that was fantastic! Eggs, spinach, baked beans, tomato and mushrooms. They do nice wholemeal toast as well.

On this occasion, the roasted capsicum tasted like it came from a jar and the chorizo was soggy.
My friend's eggs were rubbery and the mushrooms were a bit old.

FOOD: okay (and the coffee's good)
SERVICE: good-very good
AMBIENCE: suburban streetside but shaded well
VALUE FOR MONEY: good

and I love that it's in the suburbs!

1 comment:

pollyg said...

I too love the fact we are able to enjoy a great coffee in the suburbs during the week and at the weekend. I have found the staff at CC always welcoming, friendly and attentive. My favourite dish there is Prawn and Mango Salad. Although I have tried most of their dishes, there is nothing I would rave about. Their sushi is boring; a few more filling suggestions would go down well. Maybe a bit more creativity from the kitchen is needed?