Saturday, August 7, 2010

fan-wahs

aka Fannie Bay Super Pizza.
I went last night. I had the tagliatelle napoletana and my friend had the meat canneloni. We also had garlic bread.
The food here is really good!
I now I've unrepentantly whinged many times about the $1.50 "service charge" for dining in and some of the crazy antics/attitude of some staff there, but lord the food is GOOD!
The pasta is really fresh and the sauces light but flavoursome. I'm pretty sure there was a hiatus in conversation for a good 10 minutes while we ate! On this occasion there were no orders being taken in the restaurant for pizza as one of the ovens was down and they were flying just to keep up with take away orders.

FOOD: really good 8/10
SERVICE: 8/10 - fast and friendly
VALUE: 7/10 - a little on the not-so-good-value side @ $17 for a main course of pasta napoletana (+$1.50 service charge)
AMBIENCE: 8/10 - I like the red and white checked table cloths and the glass-fronted frames full of business cards. Not too brightly lit - casual, but welcome to stay a while.
WINE LIST: BYO

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hate service charges. This is quite common in Italy where they charge you to sit down so everything has two prices. I definitly puts me off going.