Saturday, March 5, 2011

K-tong

This time with pictures, thanks to my awesome new Nokia C5 phone :-)
Desi and I went to K-tong (at Casuarina, above the food court) on Friday night, she already knew what she was going to have, as did I :-)
Desi ordered the beef noodle soup and I ordered the BBQ pork chow mein, the same dish as I have had the last two times I came here!
When her soup came out, I could smell the star anise that had been used in the broth, fabulous!
The chow mein is just awesome! The noodles are fried and then covered in a delicious savoury sauce that tastes a little of ginger. There is a lot of vegetable in the dish and generous amounts of the BBQ pork that I love.
On the two previous occasions I came here and had the same dish for my lunch, it was large enough for two! I had to take it away. This time it was simply a nice large serve for one.
They are pretty busy here, so the only downside is that you don't always have a clean table to sit at.
At $14.50, the chow mein is a good price for the amount you get and the service is quick and friendly.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I enjoyed the serving sizes of K-tong as well but I had a luksa that was way more coconut milk than anything else- maybe I should try the BBQ pork.

Rachel said...

Oh... forgot to add- nice photos :-) my mouth is watering.

Unknown said...

I LOVE noodle soups, where is this? I googled it and got more than one address :)