Monday, May 23, 2011

April and May

Quite remiss of me, but I have been dining out and not blogging! Time to get back to it.

Most notably, I had what turned out to be an Easter French toast odyssey!

First there was the new menu at Jamaica Blue (at Casuarina) which includes different toppings for toast and french toast that are all very tempting. Some of the toa
st toppings I'll be going back for include roasted tomatoes and mushrooms or ricotta, banana and honey.

On the day I went with a friend, I ordered french toast with caramelised bananas and
caramel sauce - sadly, no bananas (?) so I had to "settle" for bacon and maple syrup. The bacon was beautifully crisped and the slices of toast were thick and fluffy.


The second French toast moment was at Il Lido. A friend flew in from Bali in the early morning and I got a call saying let's go for French toast!
WOW! This French toast is just awesome! It was served with poached pears, King Island vanilla yoghurt and tangy berry sauce. The view of the waterfront area is really lovely and it was a gorgeous dry season day.




The third French toast moment unfortunately has no photo. I visited my parents and was greeted with hug and a plate of French toast! Delicious.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Il Lido has such nice food sometimes, I also enjoyed the pancakes they had on the breakfast menu. I went for dinner recently but we didn't get to order desert as the service was ridiculously long.